Thursday, March 22, 2012

Information Nation at the LAO

I apologize for my lack of posting but it's only because I have been busy with mid-terms and this week busy with spring break. No I haven't been wearing an 18 pack beer box for a hat while screaming at the top of my lungs at some body of water.

Since my last post I had been studying for my mid-terms, which means I have been re-reading information that has already been regurgitated on this awesome blog. So in my time did I learn anything new? Why yes I did....

I learned about a wonderful website called the Legislative Analyst's Office or better know as the LAO.

The reason you should be aware of this website is because it is the check and balance on all things related to California and money, or so they claim. (this is for you skeptics out there)

To keep this short and simple I recommend you take a look at it and brush up on some of your favorite topics: education, parks and recreation, health care and Gov. Browns new budget that includes his new tax initiative or even the dreaded bullet train.

The nice thing the LAO has done is they have broke down topics into easy to access categories so we. the citizens, can more easily find what is important to us. You don't have to be an expert on everything that is California but it would be good to know whats going on in areas that interest you.

Just in-case you didn't see the hyper-link above you can click on this --> LAO OFFICE LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment